|AMAM Zonaed Siddiki|
Department of Pathology and Parasitology
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Prof. AMAM Zonaed Siddiki received the DVM and M.S. in Parasitology degrees in Veterinary Sciences from the Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU) in Mymensingh, Bangladesh, and the Ph.D. degree from the Department of Preclinical Veterinary Sciences, University of Liverpool, England, UK under Commonwealth Scholarship scheme in 2006. He joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Pathology and Parasitology, CVASU in 2000 and served as an Assistant Professor from 2002 until 2008 and an Associate Professor from 2008 until 2013. Currently, he holds a position of Professor in the Department of Pathology and Parasitology, CVASU. His research interests are in the areas of parasitic genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics, molecular diagnostics, DNA Barcoding, computational biology and system biology with phylodynamics and NGS data analyses strategies. Prof. Siddiki has a strong record of research in his area as evident by receiving a number of awards and fellowships from different prestigious organizations like The British Council, Government of Australia, US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA), UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, DAAD (Germany), Fulbright scholarship commission (USA), ICGEB (Trieste, Italy), Matsumae Foundation (Japan), ENSF (Italy) and TWAS (Italy). He received several prestigious international positions including first Bangladeshi veterinarian to receive Fulbright visiting scholarship in USA (2016), Australian Alumni Excellence Awardee (2015), USDA Norman E Borlaug Fellowship Awardee (2014), ICGEB postdoctoral fellow (2008), Commonwealth academic fellow (2012), TWAS Associate Fellow (2016) and British Council Talented Researcher Awardee (2010) during his academic career. Until now he has received many grants from different national and international sources including NST, DAAD, USDA, The British Council, TWAS, TWAS-COMSTECH, HEQEP-UGC, AuthorAid (UK) etc. He has published many peer-reviewed research articles and supervised 15 postgraduate students.
|•||Professor in Pathology and Parasitology, CVASU from Oct. 10, 2000 to Present|
|•||Others in all, CVASU from Oct. 10, 2020 to Present|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Molecular Parasitology||MPR 601||Department of Pathology and Parasitology|
Cell Phone: 01717718884
Old Academic Building-1,
Department of Pathology and Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Khulshi, Chattogram campus.
University of Liverpool
MS in Parasitology
Bangladesh Agricultural University
1st class 1st
DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
Bangladesh Agricultural University
1st Class 4th
Narsingdi Govt. College
1st Division, Star
B.KKM High School
Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA. From 31 March, 2014 to 24 May, 2014
1. U. Suriyakala (2014) Scientific validation of the functional belief in regulating estrous cycle using Ficus religious (L): A study employing polycystic syndrome induced rat model. PhD Thesis. Dept. of Environmental Biotechnology. Bharatidasan University, Tamilnadu, India.
2. Sudhir Verma (2015) “Screening of molecular markers for superior lactation genes in breeds of Cows in Haryana:” PhD Thesis. Dept. of Biotechnology. Bharathiar University, Tamilnadu, India.
3. Al Amin (2019) Development of effective vaccine against local isolates of Foot and Mouth disease virus in Bangladesh. Department of Microbiology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
|SL No.||Student Name||Roll No.||Reg No.||Session||Degree||Supervisor|
|1.||Zebunnahar Yasmin||1||11||2019-20||PG (PhD)||
Thesis Title :
Molecular epidemiology of Cryptosporidium and Giardia
|Thesis Title : Molecular epidemiology of Cryptosporidium and Giardia|
1. Computational Biology Institute (CBI), George Washington University, Washington DC, USA.
2. Asian University for Women (AUW), Chittagong, Bangladesh
3. Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, College of Veterinary
Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA
4. Department of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Chittagong University, Bangladesh
5. Department of Preclinical Veterinary Science (Wastling Lab), Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, UK