|Dr. A. K. M. Saifuddin|
Department of Physiology Biochemistry and Pharmacology
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Directorate of External Affairs
Professor Dr. A.K.M Saifuddin received the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from University of Chittagong. He has received the degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) and MS in Pharmacology from the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh. Thereafter, he received postgraduate training in animal reproduction from the University of London, UK. He received further postgraduate diploma training on farm animal Radiology from the Azabu University Japan, Copenhagen University, Denmark, Royal Veterinary College, University of London, UK. He was awarded the Ph.D. in Microbiology from the University of Chittagong.
|Name of Examination||Years Attended||Name of Board /University|
|PhD in Microbiology||2008||University of Chittagong.|
|M.S. Veterinary Science in Pharmacology||1987||Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh.|
(Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
|1986||Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh|
|Short Training -3 Months||(RVC) Royal Veterinary College, University of London, UK.|
|Intern Training -1 Month||(MVC), Madras Veterinary College, Tamil Nadu University of Veterinary & Animal Science, Madras, India.|
1) Coordinator, Confidential Academic Committee, 6 years
2) Member, Admission Committee from last 16 years
3) Member of managing committee, Pahartoli Degree College Chittagong.
4) House Tutor of different Halls:
5) Working as a member of the Committee for Reviewing Salary/Salary discrimination of teachers, officers and employees of CVASU.
6) Working as Chairman, of University Tender Evaluation Committee.
7) Working as member of the Committee for Telephone Allotment and Management.
8) Working as member of the purchasing committee of CVASU.
9) Working as Chairman of the committee to investigate and find out the persons involve in student misconduct.
10) Working as member of the committee for conducting student’s Benevolent Fund.
11) Working as member of the committee for implementation of New National Pay Scale.
12) Working as member of the committee for preparing the Provisional Certificate for the Bachelor Degree Courses in Semester in CVASU.
13) Worked as Chairman of the committee constituted for reviewing of punishment of CVASU student.
14) Worked as member of the committee constituted for formulating the criteria for employment of the semester system’s graduates.
15) Worked as member of the committees for investigating different corruption and disciplinary action against employees of CVASU.
16) Co-coordinator: undergraduate Internship development progrmme in BD. undergraduate integrated coarse curricula development.
17) Worked as member of the committee to evaluate and renew the group insurance benefit for teachers, officers and employees of CVASU.
18) Worked as Chairman of the committee to observe the World Veterinary Day
19) Worked as Chairman of the committee for giving the first graduation ceremony of CGVC.
20) Worked as member of the fact finding committee to investigate the allegation against recruitment of staff.
21) Worked as Chairman of the committee constituted to investigate the Electrical corruption in CVASU and to find out the way to reduce the corruption.
22) Worked as expert member of the committee to evaluate the exam script of the BCS Livestock Cadre.
23) Worked for preparation and moderation of syllabus for DVM by Bangladesh Veterinary council.
24) Worked as Expert Member of Selection Committee for appointing Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Lecturer in the Departments of CVASU.
25) Worked as expert Member of the committee for the recruitment of teachers in Chittagong and Sylhet Government Veterinary Colleges, nominated by the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock.
26) Professor and Assistant Professor in Patuakhali Science and Technology University (PSTU).
27) Working as External Examiner of Sylhet, Barishal, Dinajpur Government Veterinary College.
28) Working as a member of Editorial Board of the Journal of CVASU.
29) Worked as Chairman of the committee to formulate the rule for the exam remuneration of semester system in CVASU.
1) M A. Awal, A.K.M. Saifuddin (1994). The effect of long term exposure of Anthio on serum esterases and ruminal microorganism of male calves. Veterinary Human Toxicology,36(3): 199-2002
2) A.S.M. Hannan, M. Mostofa, M.A. Hoque, M.A. Alim and A.K.M. Saifuddin (2003). Efficacy of ivermectin against naturally occurring gastrointestinal nematodes and ectoparasites of sheep, Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science, 32 (1&2): 39-45.
3) M.A. Hoque, H.M Salim, G.K Debnath, M.A. Rahman and A.K.M. Saifuddin (2003). A study to evaluate the artificial insemination (AI) success rate in cattle population based on three years record among different sub-centres of Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar district of Bangladesh, Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 6(10): 945-947.
4) S.K.M.A. Islam M.A.Hoque, M.M. Hassan, M.R Alam, M.B Hossain, K. Roy, T. Ferdueshy, S. A. Khan, A.K.M Sifuddin (2006). A cross-sectional study followed by a Field Trial of Combination of Triclabendazole polus Levamizole and Combination of Sulphonamides Against Gastrointestinal Parasites and Coccediosis of Goats Respectively at Wireless Colony, Pahartali, Chittagong, Bangladesh, Pakistan Journal of Biological Science (Accepted Article: 245-PJBS-2K6).
5) M. Rahman, M.S.I Khan, D. Biswas, B.C Sutradhur, A.K.M. Saifuddin (2006). Pygomelia or supernumerary limbs in a corossbred calf. Journal of Veterinary Science (J.Vet. Sci. (2006), 7 (3).
6) Estimation of the occurrence of Upward patellar fixation in buffaloes under sadar upazilla of Patuakhali District, Bangladesh. The Bangladesh Veterinary Journal (Accepted for 2001/19 (1) issue.
7) M.R. ALam. N.G. Gregorg. A. Silva-Fletcher. A.K.M. Saifuddin. ASM. L. Ahsan. Welfare issues during animal transport and slaughter in Bangladesh
8) M.A. Hoque, A.K.M. Saifuddin and M.A. Rahman (2004). identification and quantification of risk factors associated with infectious bursal disease in commercial poultry under some selected area of Chittagong district, Tenth Bangladesh Society for Veterinary Education and Research, ASCON-X, 6-7 January, pp. 40-41.
9) A.K.M. Saifuddin, M.A. Hoque, M.R. Alam, M.A. Rahman and M. M. Rahman (2004). Measurement of the frequency of the diseases and disease conditions of dogs with their diagnostic tools used based on pet practioner’s data from Dhaka and Chittagong, tenth Bangladesh Society for Veterinary Education and Research, ASCON-X, 6-7 January, pp. 24.
10) Alam MR, Gregory NG, Uddin MS, Jabbar MA, Silva-Fletcher A, Kempson AGC and Saifuddin AKM. Frequency of heat stress in cattle and water buffalo at livestock markets in Bangladesh. Journal of Commonwealth Veterinary Association 26: 13-17. 2010.
11) Mohammad Yousuf, Mohammad Rashedul Alam, Amir Hossan Shaikat, Md. Shohel Al Faruk, A. K. M. Saifuddin, A. S. M. Lutful Ahasan, Kamrul Islam and S. K. M. Azizul Islam (2016). Nutritional status of high yielding crossbred cow around parturition. Journal of Advanced Veterinary and Animal Research. Vol 3 No 1, Pages 68-74.
12) Kibria ASMG, Awal MA, Mostofa M, Saifuddin AKM, Alam MR and Asgar MA. Detection of ciprofloxacin and enrofloxacin residues in broilers of Chittagong. International Journal of Bioresearch, 2(12): 33-35. 2009.
13) Islam SKMA, Hoque MA, Hassan MM, Alam MR, Hossain MB, Roy K, Ferdueshy T, Khan SA and Saifuddin AKM. A cross-sectional study of triclabendazole plus levamizole and combination of sulphonamides against gastrointestinal parasites and coccidiosis of goats. Bangladesh Journal of Livestock Research, 16 (1&2): 92-96. 2009.
14) Islam SKMA, Ahasan ASML, Chanda GC, Alam MR, Saifuddin AKM, Sultana S and Hassan MM. A study on productive and reproductive traits and periparturient events of mare reared at intensive farm condition. Bangladesh Journal of Livestock Research, 14 (1&2) 104-110. 2007.
15) Rahman MM, Alam MR, Ahmad N, Hasim MA and Saifuddin AKM. Comparative Effects of surgical and chemical methods of caponization on body weight and certain blood values in birds. Bangladesh Veterinary Journal, .36: (1-2):27-29. 2001.
16) Islam MJ, Al-Amin, Shaikat AH, Chowdhury S, Imtiaz MA, Hassan MM, Saifuddin AKM, Doyle R, Regenstein JM and Alam MR. Welfare assessment of animal during slaughter and its economic impact. Proceedings of the 12th Annual Scientific Conference in the Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh 21-22 March, pp. 30-40. 2015.
17) Alam MR, NG Gregory NG, Jabbar MA, Uddin MS, Chowdhury S, Saifuddin AKM, Debnath NC, Arafat MY and Silva-Fletcher A. Welfare of cattle and water buffalo at livestock market in Bangladesh. Proceedings of the Sixth Annual Scientific Conference of the Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh 4-6 March, pp. 94-113. 2008.
18) Alam MR, Gregory NG, Silva-Fletcher A, Saifuddin and Ahasan ASML. A Study of Welfare issues during Animal Transport and Slaughter in Bangladesh. The Bangladesh Veterinarian. 24: 87-97. 2007.
1) Enhancement of work based learning facilities through networking of SAQTVH and satellite veterinary clinics of CVASU, 2014-2015
2) Community-based Animal Health Care Services at Chittagong and Noakhali District”. Implementing Agency: Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University funded by DANIDA through RFLDC, 2009-2010